Sunday, November 2, 2008


I realized last night that I had pretty much ran my fridge dry of food. So as I dug around in my veggie bin I found half a tomato, a huge zucchini, some feta cheese, some mozzarella cheese and some spaghetti sauce. This was a really quick and simple meal/appetizer. It turned out to be pretty delicious. I recommend it if you are in the mood for something light.

Cover the bottom of a pan lightly with olive oil and begin to heat. Cut a large zucchini into big pieces. Place the pieces into the oil and begin to cook. I would keep it around medium heat. After a couple of minutes flip all the pieces and cook until the zucchini is pretty soft, or whatever is preferred. Lightly season with garlic salt. Turn the heat to low and place about a spoonful of spaghetti sauce on top of each piece. Then lay a thin slice of mozzarella on top. Once the mozzarella has pretty much melted all the way through, place a thin slice of tomato on top and sprinkle some feta cheese over all of them. Cover with lid and heat for about one minute. Take the lid off, place on a plate and you are ready to serve! I call it, Simply Zucchini. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks spectacular! It's nice that it not only is gluten-free but also doesn't have any meat in it! It sounds very good for a brunch or just an afternoon snack!

Kristine said...

that looks GREAT! yummers.

keep posting!